Display Advertising Rates
All Rates Effective January 1, 2019
All advertising is due and payable by the 15th of the following month
Per Column Inch
Hood County News Open Rate..........................
Quarterly Frequency Rates also available
Hood County News Advertising Deadlines:
Saturday edition: ..............................
Terms of Payment
Hood County News Display Advertisements and Preprints are payable in advance until credit has been established. Political advertising, going-out-of-business ads, ads in certain classified categories and ads placed from temporary addresses must be prepaid. The Hood County News accepts the following credit cards: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and VISA.
Hood County News Preprint Rates
All advertising is due and payable by the 15th of the following month. Minimum charge is $150 per insertion.
# PASS Pages $/thousand
4 or less..........................
5 to 8 ..............................
9 to 12............................
For each additional PASS page add $2.50 per thousand.
A zoning fee of $10.00 will apply to any preprint not inserted into the full distribution of the Hood County News.
Preprint Delivery Requirements:
Preprints should be delivered to the Hood County News a minimum of one week prior to insertion date. Preprints are received Monday through Friday during normal business hours. Shipping address is 1501 S. Morgan, Granbury, TX 76048.
Preprint Folding Requirements:
Preprints should be folded not to exceed 11x10.5 inches. Preprints requiring additional folding should be received at the Hood County News a minimum of 10 days prior to insertion date. An additional two cents per insert will be charged if the Hood County News staff must fold the insert.
The Hood County News accepts inserts for individual businesses or organizations. Inserts may not contain advertisements sold to other local businesses by the organization or business.
• The Hood County News reserves the right to edit, refuse or cancel any advertisement.
• Publisher reserves the right to revise advertising rates upon 30 days written notice, and the right to set additional rates for special promotions or publications.
• Retail advertising rates on this card are for run-of-paper (ROP) positioning. Every effort will be made to meet reasonable position requests. However, mechanical requirements could arise that would make the request impossible to grant. Failure to meet these requests will not constitute any adjustment, refund or re-run of the ad. Position may be guaranteed by page if available, but not the location of an ad on that page, for an additional surcharge of 25% of the total cost of the ad. For guaranteed placement an ad must be at least 30 column inches.
• The Hood County News is not responsible for copy omissions or typographical errors that may occur other than to correct them in the nearest issue after it is brought to our attention. The advertiser must notify the newspaper of corrections prior to the next publication. Adjustments for error will be made only for the area of the ad involved and in proportion to lack of service to the advertiser. All make-good ads must be run within 30 days of approval. In no case does the Hood County News hold itself liable for damages further than the amount received for actual space covering the error. It is agreed that the Hood County News is not to be held responsible for errors in publication, except where corrections marked on the advertising proof by the client have not been properly made. It is agreed that the Hood County News accepts responsibility for errors only on the first insertion of the advertisement. It is further agreed that in no case shall the newspaper be held liable for selling merchandise at a lower price published in error or other losses.
• No advertising that reflects unfavorably upon another advertiser or individual will be accepted.
• Tearsheets will be provided with billing, if requested, to all advertisers. Advertisers requesting more than a reasonable number of tearsheets will be billed at $2.50 each.
• Incorrect rates on insertion orders that do not correspond with the current rate card in effect will be regarded as clerical errors. The advertisement will be published and charged at the applicable rates in effect at time of publication.
• Proofs will be emailed or faxed, if requested, for ads 31½ column inches or more, provided all copy has been submitted by deadline. All other ads will be available for proofing in the Hood County News office. Advertisers will be charged additional fees for changing more than 25 percent of the ad on the proof. Advertising cancelled after deadline will be charged at the applicable space rate.
• The advertiser and/or advertising agency agrees to defend and indemnify the publisher against any and all liability, loss or expenses arising from claims of libel, unfair competition, unfair trade practices, infringement of trademarks, copyrights, trade names, patents or propriety rights or violations of rights of privacy resulting from the publication of the advertiser’s advertisement.