Taking Care of Business:
- Make up all your absences
- Take care of your grades
- Order your cap and gown package or tassel and stole. Remember that if you are borrowing a cap and gown from a past graduate, it must say “Oak Hall” or “Balfour” inside the gown.
- Complete the CPR and Law Enforcement video requirement.
Events leading up to Graduation:
- Awards Program: Tuesday, May 11th at 7 p.m. in the auditorium.
- Senior Elementary Walks (Optional): Tuesday, May 18 at 7:30 a.m. at your elementary school. Wear your cap and gown.
- Baccalaureate (Optional): Sponsored by the Ministerial Alliance - Sunday, May 23rd at 3 p.m. in the auditorium. Wear your cap and gown.
- Rehearsal for Graduation (Mandatory): Friday, May 28th at 9:30 a.m. in the GHS auditorium. Sit in assigned seat upon arrival to the auditorium. (Park in your student parking area.)
- Pronunciations of names: You will discuss this with the person calling out names at graduation.
Graduation – Friday, May 28th – 8:00 p.m.:
Where: Granbury High School’s Pirate Stadium – Each student will receive up to 10 tickets each. The student will decide whether the tickets will be for the home side or the visitor side (not both). The student will also need to inform us if he/she needs a handicap spot.
Tickets: Each Senior will be given ten (10) tickets. Tickets may be picked up on May 18 and May 19 during the lunch periods or on May 21 from 2-4 p.m. Purple tickets will get you admission to the home side and gold tickets are for the visitor side. Every person attending must have a ticket (even small children).
When to arrive: Seniors arrive by 6:30 p.m. and report to the GHS auditorium. It is best to be dropped off at 6:30 p.m. If you drive, please park in the teacher parking lot (located on the side by the drive-in theatre). If you want a cap & gown picture before the ceremony, be at the auditorium by 5 p.m. Make sure you eat something and hydrate before you arrive.
The gates will open at 7 p.m. for the parents. The ceremony begins at 8 p.m.
What to Wear: Ladies- Lightweight dresses or skirts and tops that do not hang below the graduation gown, and comfortable shoes. No stiletto heels because they will poke holes in the football turf. Men - Dark colored trousers or khaki pants and a collared dress shirt and dress shoes or boots. All –No tennis shoes or flip flops. Cap & tassel (worn on the right side), gown, and stole required for all. No decorations are allowed on the cap. You will receive a replacement if decorations exist. Write your name in your cap for retrieval at the end of graduation.
Important: Do NOT bring extra items with you to graduation (purses, phones, wallets, bulky sets of keys, etc.). You will NOT be allowed to bring them with you into Pirate Stadium during the ceremony. Please leave these items with your parents or guardians.
Prohibited Items: No balloons, noisemakers, silly string, or confetti will be allowed. If students or family members bring these items, the items will be confiscated and the individual(s) will be removed from the graduation ceremony.
Pictures: Photo Texas Photography will take photos. An email will be sent to your GISD email with more information for ordering pictures.