This Granbury trail is paved with yummy culinary delights
Visit Granbury unveiled the 12 restaurants that will be featured in its new “Granbury Foodie Trail — Eat Where the Locals Eat” contest.
“Food tourism matters,” said Tammy Dooley, Director of Visit Granbury. “We all travel to destinations where we love the food. For our community it also creates local pride.”
The contest gives restaurant patrons in Granbury the chance to taste Granbury’s favorite bites.
“This was a chance for our community to select what edible creations are a ‘must eat’ while visiting the Granbury area,” Dooley added.
The winning restaurants receive a special plaque and QR code that visitors can scan beginning Jan. 1, 2021 using the “I LOVE GRANBURY” app.
Participants must scan all 12 restaurants to be a Foodie. Foodies who complete the trail will receive a Granbury Foodie T-shirt — while they last. They will also be entered into a drawing for a $200 restaurant gift card.
According to Visit Granbury, participants who prefer a punch card can pick them up after Jan. 1 at the Visitor Center at 210 E. Pearl St.
The restaurants in the program are:
• 1890: Texas Trilogy Appetizer
• Baked! Bread and Pastry Co: Croissants
• Belenty’s Love: Cauliflower Wings
• Brock’s: Trash Can Nachos
• Christina’s American Table: Shrimp and Grits
• Farina’s Winery and Cafe: Pizza
• Grump’s Burgers: Burgers and Fries
• OZ Coffee Bar: The Wicked BLT
• Pearl Street Station: Sister’s Special
• Restaurant Anise: Lavash with Whipped Goat Cheese and Aleppo Honey
• Silver Saddle Saloon: Toasted Pretzel Ice Cream Sandwich
• Stumpy’s: Tacos
“It is very exciting,” said Sam Carr, Visit Granbury event coordinator. “Who doesn’t want to have bragging rights that they are a Granbury Foodie!”
Note: The Hood County News is a partner with Visit Granbury in this program.