Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.
  • Article Image Alt Text

How, why did Angela Hickson die?

Sheriff’s office waiting on final autopsy report
Saturday, August 10, 2019

Law officials are still waiting on the final autopsy report to determine how Angela Perry Hickson died.

Hickson’s burned body was found outside her car in the dark, early morning hours of Thursday, June 27.

Her car was on property off Tennessee Trail in Lake Granbury Harbor off Tin Top Highway northwest of Granbury.

Sheriff Roger Deeds first thought that Hickson, 50, may have been the victim of foul play but now believes that was not the case.

“It’s looking more and more like it was probably an accidental death,” he said.

Hickson may have become disoriented or unable to escape after her car “possibly got high centered and the tall grass caught fire from the exhaust,” Deeds said.

A neighbor reported the fire, and first responders discovered the severely burned body near the car. The body was identified after an autopsy.

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported that Hickson had a date that Tuesday evening, according to one of her sisters. Hickson planned to attend her father’s birthday the next day but never made it, the sister told the newspaper.

Hickson did not live far from where her car and body were found. She resided in Rolling Hills Shores, another development off Tin Top Highway. She lived with her daughter and granddaughter.

Specifically, authorities are waiting on the toxicology report from the Tarrant County medical examiner “for the total autopsy results,” the sheriff said.

The final report will “help us put the pieces together, why was she where she was.”

The state fire marshal’s office has assisted local authorities in the investigation to “make sure we covered all the bases,” Deeds said.

So far investigators have been unable to determine Hickson’s whereabouts earlier in the day.

“Throughout our interviews we have not figured that out yet,” Deeds said. “It’s been hard piecing that time line together. We have not gotten anybody to come forward to cover that time line.

“Everybody has been talked to that we were trying to get ahold of.”

Investigators interviewed a man “a number of times” who dated Hickson in the past, but the man is not considered a suspect at this time, Deeds said.

The sheriff’s office continues to investigate the case. Call 817-579-3316 if you have information.



Hood County News

1501 S. Morgan
PO Box 879
Granbury, Texas 76048

M - TH: 8:30 AM - 4 PM
F: 8:30 AM - 12 PM

Privacy Policy