Visit Granbury Director Tammy Dooley and Assistant Director Kristen Gibson left Galveston last weekend with heavier luggage, thanks to all the awards Granbury’s Convention & Visitors Bureau received at the Texas Association of Fairs & Events’ 2022 convention and trade show.
Visit Granbury won 10 Ray Cammack Marketing Awards of excellence in the category for cities under 50,000 in population. Four were first place honors and six were second place.
Another big honor was Dooley being named TAF&E’s 2021 Professional of the Year.
The TAF&E is made up of events and organizations from across the state and includes fairs and festivals of all sizes, including city, county, regional and statewide events, and event promotions.
Visit Granbury received the following awards:
- Best Magazine Ad-Color or B&W (First Place, for “The Sleepy Hollow Experience”)
- Best News Coverage, recorded or studio (First Place, for “The Sleepy Hollow Experience”)
- Best E-Newsletter or Email Blast (First Place, for Monarch Butterfly Month)
- Best Social Media Campaign (First Place, for “The Sleepy Hollow Experience)”
- Best Newspaper Ad Color (Second Place, for “The Great Race”)
- Best Promotional Advertising Outdoor (Second Place, for “The Great Race”)
- Best Website (Second Place)
- Best Radio Commercial (Second Place, for “The Sleepy Hollow Experience”)
- Best T-shirt Design (Second Place, for Foodie Trail “Eat Where Locals Eat”)
- Best Pin, Badge or Button (Second Place, for “Rise & Grind,” a Friday coffee and donuts event for tourism stakeholders)
Dooley serves on the TAF&E’s state board of directors and was elected to serve on the organization’s executive board of directors as secretary/treasurer.
Tourism is considered Granbury’s No. 1 industry.