Tea2Go is the newest craze that has been sweeping the Hood County area ever since its opening date on April 16.
Located next to Wingstop at 331 E. U.S. Highway 377, Tea2Go offers loose-leaf, specialty and energy teas, offering what the owners say is a healthier and tastier alternative to coffee and energy drinks.
Tea2Go currently has several locations in Texas including Forth Worth, Abilene, Lubbock and Midland.
Originally from Midland, owners Ben and Gina Moore moved to Granbury a year ago and wanted to bring something that was “beneficial” to the area.
“My daughter loves Tea2Go, so we were trying to think of what the young people like, that everybody could benefit from. I love green tea, the benefits of tea and the healthiness of tea,” Gina said.
“We have a couple of friends who own a couple of these Teas2Go in Midland and it seemed like a great opportunity for us to bring here and for people who love Granbury and enjoy it,” Ben said. “And it turned out to be a very big success, you know, the loose-leaf teas, the tea bar and the energy drinks, they're really, really booming, and Granbury's responded very well to it.”
Gina said, “It's blown everybody away.”
A variety of loose-leaf teas are available, including white, green, oolong, black, chai and herbal.
Tea2Go also offers 10 specialty drinks:
- Italian Cream Soda – Tea2Go Tean’ergy Maui coconut black tea with your choice of flavor, topped with milk
- London Fog – Earl Grey black tea, all-natural vanilla sugar and your choice of milk
- Madagascar Coconut – a delicious coconut white tea, very light in flavor, recommended with their Tea2Go Tean’ergy vanilla or coconut
- Rocking Ruby Raspberry – a fruity passion fruit and raspberry green tea, recommended with Tea2Go Tean’ergy strawberry or blueberry sugar
- Matcha Latte – unsweetened matcha green tea mixed with your choice of milk and sugar
- Skinny Tea – a healthy mix of their fasting tea made with honey and fresh-squeezed lemon
- Tropical Sangria – a black tea with an amazing blend of kiwi and strawberry flavors, recommended with their Tea2Go Tean’ergy coconut vanilla or strawberry sugar
- Blue Lagoon – Tea2Go Tean’ergy’s healthy peach and mango fruit tea, recommended with their blueberry sugar
- Corner Café - an iced black tea, recommended with their vanilla sugar and topped with your choice of milk
- Peach Blossom – a peach oolong tea, recommended with Tea2Go Tean’ergy’s all-natural lemon sugar.
Ben said Rocking Ruby Raspberry and Madagascar Coconut are two of their most popular specialty drinks.
"You get those sweet or unsweet,” he said. “The teas themselves have no sugar or anything like that so you can get them made sweet or unsweet.”
Tea2Go’s 16 energy drinks contains a tea leaf extract and are their most popular teas:
- Gamma Radiation – a pineapple energy explosion topped with a mix of berry energies
- Purple Rain – grape Tea2Go Tean’ergy with a raspberry twist
- Under the Sea – a burst of raspberry energy topped with their tropical green tea
- Dreamsicle – tastes like an orange Dreamsicle you had as a kid
- Atlantis – a mix of their blue mojito energy with a coconut backing
- Superman – a strawberry energy pineapple and tropical Tea2Go Tean’ergy flavors with a twist strawberry mixed with lemonade
- Wonder Woman – a strawberry energy twist on their Tea2Go Tean’ergy Superman
- Pink Flamingo – a tart strawberry-flavored energy mixed with their lemonade
- Sunrise – an orange and strawberry energy burst mixed with lemonade
- Caribbean – a flavorful fruity energy drink with a twist of lemon and lime
- Gummy Worms – lemon lime energy with a berry twist
- Bahama Mama – tropical fruity flavors with a coconut backing
- Tropical Strawberry – a green tea energy drink with a burst of strawberry
- Taffy – the perfect mixture of sweet and tart
- Guardians – strawberry cotton candy remix
- Jurassic – a mango citrus drink topped with a hibiscus tea
Ben’s favorite energy tea is the Dreamsicle, while Gina’s favorite is Bahama Mama.
“A lot of people like the Monsters and Bangs, and all that. This is not going to make you go up and down; it’s more of a steady state, more of a natural energy,” Gina said.
“Everybody has their own favorite. Everybody's tastes are different,” Ben said. “People come here and every time, they get a different one and see which one they like. It's a healthy alternative.”
He said in the future, they are planning to open several more locations around the Granbury area.
“America is now discovering the health benefits of tea,” Ben said. “Over in China, they do tea a lot, for health benefits and in the UK and Britain. It's just now making it over here. A lot of people now have started trying this instead of coffee, so there's another alternative available.”
“A lot of people are saying they're moving from Starbucks and then venturing over here to try our different teas,” Gina said.
Tea2Go’s hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m.-8 p.m., Saturday from 8 a.m.-8 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
For more information, visit their website at www.tea2go.us.